We have stopped accepting applications for this position.
Thank you for your interest in the part time Project Coordinator position at the Yoga Well Institute. We have had an overwhelming response to this position and have stopped accepting applications. If you’re interested in working with us we invite you to check our job board often.
If you are viewing this job posting anywhere other than our website, please take the time to find our site and ensure you review the full job description before applying. We ask that you please read the job description carefully and consider whether this position truly fits you.
If after reading through the job description you determine that this feels like a fit for you please follow the instructions below about How to Apply. Thanks again for being interested in joining our team!
The Yoga Well Institute has developed a diverse set of activities in Yoga focused primarily on Yoga as a lifestyle and the philosophy of Yoga. Our offerings are primarily online classes but also include multiyear in-person trainings, private one-to-one sessions and weekend seminars. We are continuing an age old lineage and our students have created a rich and important community that we are committed to growing.
We are a tight knit virtual team with a shared commitment to making the world a better place while keeping our team dynamics productive, full of joy and ease.
You love solving problems and coordinating multiple moving parts. And you love people. You really enjoy uncovering the pieces to a puzzle and then figuring out how to put it together. You value relationships and transformational spiritual work. You desire to see the world become a better place through individuals becoming more authentic versions of themselves. You are a master at Nonviolent Communication or similar empathy-connection-based approach to communication.
You have experience as a project coordinator or manager that you are looking to apply within an aligned, humans first team. You have the ability to understand the pieces of the puzzle while also seeing the big picture. You enjoy facilitating conversations and negotiating an outcome that works for all. Task and project management tools are easy for you to navigate because you’ve used many of them before.
You have experience working in a remote team as well as in small businesses. You are adaptable and roll with constant change. You are very tech savvy and use technology to improve communications and efficiency. You have experience managing multiple jobs or clients and enjoy the constant change of pace this brings to your work life.
While it’s not a requirement that you be a US citizen you must communicate in excellent fluent written/spoken English. You have a daily spiritual practice and a commitment to helping others, consider integrity to be of the utmost importance, and value honesty and direct communication.
About the Job
The Project Coordinator will serve as the organizational hub for the company, prioritizing and coordinating new projects against the ongoing workload for a small staff of part time employees all of whom work remotely and are located around the world.
You will be responsible for project coordination of our current activities which involves understanding project aims, setting time frames, coordinating teams, deciding who will do which tasks and holding the team responsible for meeting key objectives. There will also be some amount of administrative work in things like scheduling monthly, quarterly and annual planning meetings, staff performance reviews and managing our annual communications strategy. You will also facilitate meetings to scope out new projects and ensure all brainstorming leads to clear, measurable goals and tasks to drive the team’s work.
Ideally you have 2+ years of experience in a formal project administration role with experience in project scope definition. You have managed multiple projects at once and are well versed in project management tools (like Trello, Basecamp, Asana, Monday etc). While not required a PMP or CAPM certification would be preferred.
Experience facilitating the full lifecycle of a project from planning and scope definition through execution to lessons learned. Familiar with issue and risk management practices. Comfortable managing the moving parts of a projects without expertise of the project content
Ability to work independently and manage your own workload. Experience with capturing key decisions and project changes and ensuring they are representing in the project plan
Experience facilitating meetings with multiple stakeholders. Comfort in leading negotiations to merge competing ideas into a cohesive plan. Be a relationship builder and a team player. Be able to hold and cultivate key relationships.
Understand basic online marketing methods well enough to support the marketing team in scoping and supporting new marketing projects.
Interface with the finance team to capture any financial risks or issues attached to projects.
Familiar with and well versed in the sorts of tool suites an online business needs to thrive, including, but not limited to Asana, Trello, Calendly, Acuity, Google Workspace, GSuite, CRMs and Zapier.
Business Metrics & Reporting
Understanding of typical metrics and KPIs with the ability to define what they should be for new projects.
This is initially a contract position for 5 hours per week at $25/hr.
The Project Coordinator will need to have flexibility of hours and a willingness to accommodate diverse scheduling needs across global time zones. Our most active hours online for team meetings are from 11am – 1pm EST.
We are committed to the wellbeing of our team, as a result, it is important to us that our team members be able to sleep between 10pm and 4am local time to support a healthy body. If you will be working from a time zone that would require you to work between 10pm and 4am local time in order to be available during US daytime hours then our team is not a fit as it would be out of integrity with our commitment to your wellbeing.
We expect all employees to provide their own laptop, webcam, stable internet and phone line.
The team at Yoga Well Institute is committed to honoring diversity on our team and within our clientele. We respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
How to Apply:
We will only review applications that follow these instructions exactly.
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Use the exact email subject of Project Role
- Include in the email:
- Your cover letter in the body of the email
- Attach 2 PDF or Word files:
- Your resume
- The supplemental questions below and your answers
- File names should include your first and last name
Please note we will only review applications that follow these instructions exactly.
- Full name
- City and state where you currently live
- Are you a US Citizen?
- What time zone will you be working from?
- Phone number & email address
- What online tools do you consider yourself highly skilled in?
- Do you have experience using Asana? How about Acuity? Tell us about it. If not, what similar tools have you used and to what extent?
- Please share about a time when a project issue became a risk and how you mitigated the impact.
- How do you like to approach learning something new? What is your learning style?
- Tell us about a time when you managed multiple projects at once and how you kept yourself and the teams organized.
- Which do you have more experience with, waterfall or agile project management methods?
- Please share any special training or education you’ve had that would relate to your ability to be our Project Coordinator.
- What tools or techniques do you use to keep track of notes, changes and updates to your project plans?
- Have you ever designed and/or implemented a communication strategy? If so, tell us about it.
- What tools have you used to present project status updates?
- While these are not the working hours, if we were to ask you to work daily from 12pm – 3pm US Pacific Time (UTC-7), what would your local working hours be?
- Tell us about a time when you managed a project with multiple resources who had competing priorities. How did you motivate them to stay on schedule and work as a team?
- Tell us about yourself. What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun? We’ll read as much as you want to share.
- Why would you like to work for the Yoga Well Institute?
- Where did you find the job posting for this position?