Effective Date: January 31, 2018
Last Updated: September 7, 2022
The Yoga Well Institute (“Company” or “We”) is committed to protecting your privacy both as a visitor to our website and the privacy of our sacred members. Your privacy is critically important to us, and we only ask you for information we truly need. Information you submit to us will remain private, and will be used only for the purposes described in this policy. This is our commitment to you.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website via https://www.yogawell.com/ and/or our affiliated online platforms (herein after collectively referred to as our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- Through online advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.)
- In our Online Classes.
- On our Online Portal
- In our Virtual “Classroom”
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any other Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the email address or phone number provided on our website.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details
- Regarding access dates and times on the Website
- Marketing context about your behavior on the Website (Source, Medium, Campaign, etc.)
We collect this information:
- When you land on the Website through any paid advertising (Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Directly from you when you provide it to us: through requests for information, opting into the Newsletter
- Automatically as you navigate through the site through Google Analytics. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide (including name, email, address, etc.) by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our e-mail lists or requesting further content and/or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Behavior on emails sent to customers who request information through the Website including: open rate, click through rate, etc.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or marketing purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Participants in our classes may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on private collaboration areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to participants enrolled in our classes, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Details regarding advertising you clicked on, including GA Client ID, GCLID, Facebook fbc, and Facebook fbp
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize when users return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
The information you provide is stored in our CRM (Ontraport) and the form software Typeform or WPForms. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, newsletters, or services that you request from us. This includes sending bi-monthly newsletters that may include: blog articles, information about offerings, and more.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To create “lookalike” audiences for advertising
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to market current and future offerings that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the Unsubscribe links at the bottom of e-mails you receive from us, or contact us via the e-mail or phone number posted on this website. Alternatively, some correspondence will give you the opportunity to opt out of that campaign, but remain on our mailing list for more suitable communications.
- Participants in our online classes should be aware that video recordings from our classes may be shared with the public on social media for publicity purposes. This use is covered by our Publicity Waiver and Release agreement with class participants.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not rent or sell information for marketing purposes and we will never share or sell personal information of our users with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Ontraport and Facebook for effective advertising
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yoga Well LLC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. When you navigate to the Website, you will be prompted to determine your Cookie tracking preferences.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by or sending an email stating your request to [email protected].
If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt out by using the Unsubscribe links at the bottom of the message. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email [email protected] or write us at: PO Box 122, Mill Valley, CA, 94942.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
PO Box 122, Mill Valley, CA, 94942