Deepen Your Yoga Program
300 HR YTT
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification
If you already have your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification, you may elect to apply for 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification through Yoga Alliance once you complete this Program and additional Practicum hours.
To obtain certification, you will need to complete a total of 30 hours of Practicum, in addition to the 270 hours covered by this 15 month program. These additional hours involve extensive practical experience designing practices and receiving guidance and feedback on them. The only additional costs for the Practicum are what you will pay your Mentor for the additional sessions.
You will have the 6 months following the end of this program to complete your additional 30 hours, at which point we will issue you a certificate that you can then use to apply for your 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification through Yoga Alliance (pending approval with Yoga Alliance).
Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it.
What You Will Explore
According to Viniyoga and the teachings of Mr. TKV Deśikachar, developing a regular personal practice is key to experiencing Yoga’s magic. You and your personal practice are the primary focus of the Program.
On the informational level, we’ll explain Yoga as a life path, including its goals and purposes according to important Sanskrit texts, and how that applies to you. Additionally, we’ll describe the full range of Yoga’s tools, how they work, and how to structure them into practices. You’ll come away with a broad, working knowledge of Yoga as a Tradition and Viniyoga as a Lineage.
On the experiential level, we’ll provide the container for personalized implementation of the principles, and practices of Yoga in your life. You will become more and more authentically you, and you will see that manifesting in your life.
- Explore many different definitions of Yoga, and understand how they fit together.
- Understand the context for Yoga practice as explained in Patañjali’s Yogasūtra, the Haṭha Yoga Pradīpika and the Bhagavad Gītā.
- Work with an experienced Yoga Mentor, one-to-one, ongoing throughout the program, to develop personalized practices tailored to your needs and capacities.
- Receive personalized guidance regarding how the program’s material relates to your life and your growth.
- See Yoga as a multifaceted science of experience that addresses every aspect of the human system
- Understand how practices are intentionally created experiences, and delve into the principles underlying them
- Explore the full range of Yoga’s tools including āsana, prāṇāyāma, meditation and mantra.
- Enjoy assignments that include curated articles and books that guide you through Yoga as a Tradition and Viniyoga as a Lineage.
- Understand how the different tools of Yoga practice (body, breath, mind and voice) overlap and interrelate, and how to utilize different tools coherently in a single practice.
- Appreciate the stages of a Yoga practice, and how the arrangement of experiences in these stages can lead to different physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and behavioral results.
- Appreciate the context of Yoga therapy
- Integrate the informational aspects of Yoga with the experiential aspects.
- Truly implement Yoga into all aspects of your life.
- Rediscover the depth, meaning and personal satisfaction of Yoga
Executive Director of the Yoga Well Institute and Primary Teacher for this Program, Chase has been studying Yoga, Sanskrit, eastern philosophy and religion for nearly 30 years. Chase was a private student of Mr. Desikachar, who was his mentor and teacher for 20+ years. During that time, he spent a total of four and a half years in Chennai studying with him, his family and his senior teachers. He also had the opportunity to serve as a teacher at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram. His depth of knowledge on yoga and meditation are shared through practical, humorous anecdotes that translate to everyday life.
This is a big commitment. It’s natural to have questions and concerns as you consider if this program is the right fit for you.
The best way to get your questions answered is to schedule a call with our Admissions Staff.
Our Admissions Staff is committed to working with you to make the right next steps for your Yoga journey. We are happy to talk with you about your situation and provide the answers and information you need.
Who This Is For
This program is specifically designed for Yoga Practitioners to go deeper into Yoga.
If you’ve been…
- Looking for a program that will let you explore the different aspects of Yoga in a coherent and in-depth manner.
- Searching for a program that will explain the meaning and intention of practice, and personally help you to implement it in your life.
- Wanting sufficient time to really digest and assimilate the teachings
- Seeking a program that develops ideas and principles in a step-by-step fashion.
- Hoping to rediscover the magic of Yoga, to feel confident and authentic in your practice and teaching.
Then this is a fantastic program for you!
If you wish to study Yoga deeply, but you’re not looking to focus on how to teach Yoga, this is the perfect program for you.
If you already have your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification and want to receive your 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification through Yoga Alliance, you may elect to complete additional Practicum hours along with the Deepen Your Yoga Program to become certified.
This 15-month online program begins September, 2022 and includes the following:
- Weekly classes on Wednesday nights from 4-7pm PT / 7-10pm ET
- Monthly intensives, one Saturday a month from 7am-1pm PT / 10am – 4pm ET (schedule TBD)
- Yoga for Meditation weekly from 7-7:30am PT / 10-10:30am ET
- Monthly, one-to-one meetings with your personal Mentor (scheduled at your discretion)
To ensure we create a quality community around this program, you must apply to join us.
Click below to complete the application form (it will take you about 30 minutes). We’ll follow up within a couple of days providing next steps.