The Spiritual Path of Yoga
Living Yoga Moment-to-Moment
Yoga is not a passive process. It must be experienced and practiced. Kriyā-yoga (PYS II.1) in Sanskrit means “Yoga in and through action”. This four part workshop explores the teachings of Patañjali’s Yogasūtra on kriyā-yoga and its practical implications for day-to-day living.
Develop your understanding of tapas, svādhyāya, and īśvara-praṇidhāna as vital components of a Yoga practice which extends from your mat out into your life. This workshop provides both informational and experiential learning: a physical āsana practice, as well as a lecture and discussion of the Patañjali’s guidance for implementing Yoga throughout the day and in all your relationships.
Would you like access to these timeless teachings?
This is a 90 minute prerecorded workshop that you can enjoy immediately after purchase.
Cost: One-time payment of $29
What You Will Learn
Foundational principles for applying Yoga throughout your life:
- How your experiences shape your perception
- The three elements of Yoga in action, called kriyā-yoga, and why they are key to transforming your life
- How the same teachings can be applied differently at different levels, from complete beginner to liberated expert
- Why Yoga is actually a meditation tradition, and how āsana has become synonymous with Yoga in the West
This workshop is for you if you:
- Ever felt like there was something missing from an exclusively physical “Yoga practice”
- Are yearning for clarity on how to notice and change your patterns
- Can notice your patterns, but aren’t sure how to change your behavior
- Want to apply Yoga moment-to-moment in your life
My sūtra studies imbue life with purpose and meaning
Every time I come to class I am inspired and uplifted. I love reflecting on the ideas in the sūtra against the backdrop of my life, my sūtra studies imbue the ups and downs of life with purpose and meaning. Chase’s honesty and the space he has created for all of us allows us to express our foibles with deep compassion for the struggle and humor of being human.
In 1991, as part of a study abroad program in Chennai, India, Chase took a semester-long course on Yoga Theory with Mr. TKV Desikachar that essentially set the direction for the rest of his life. He became a private student of Mr. Desikachar, who was his mentor and teacher for 20+ years. During that time, he spent a total of four and a half years in Chennai studying with him, his family and his senior teachers. He also had the opportunity to serve as a teacher at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram. From 2006-2012, he was the Director of Therapy and Education at the non-profit Healing Yoga Foundation in San Francisco.
His depth of knowledge on Yoga and meditation are shared through practical, humorous anecdotes that translate to everyday life.