Meet Your Personal Teacher
There is no “one size fits all” in Yoga. Your needs, capabilities, interests and circumstances are unique to you, just as your practice should be.
Receiving guidance from an experienced Yoga Mentor is the best way to develop a long term Yoga practice that is personalized for you. Your Mentor designs your daily practice (and revises it, as you evolve). This is a profoundly nourishing, healing, and personal process.
This one-to-one instruction is the Yoga tradition. The teacher-student relationship is how Yoga has been passed from one generation to the next down through the millenia At the Yoga Well Institute, we believe working with a Yoga Mentor, and the healing that happens in and through this relationship, is the essential heart of Yoga practice.
We offer this Mentor Matching service (at no charge) to help continue the ongoing teacher-student link that we also have been recipients of. It is a small way to appreciate the care, effort, and love of all those who have cared for these precious teachings down through the ages and have thus given us an opportunity to benefit from them as well.
Here’s How It Works
- Click here to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with our Director, Chase Bossart.
- As part of the process to schedule you’ll be asked to complete a short questionnaire.
- Answer the phone when Chase calls you at your scheduled time and talk with him about your interests, goals, history in yoga/meditation, location, etc.
- Chase will reflect on your conversation, consider the details of your personal journey and suggest a qualified mentors in the Viniyoga community
- Within 1 week of your call, you’ll receive an email from the Yoga Well Institute team introducing you to a mentor that suits you!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who should get a mentor?
Everyone! Ok. Ok. Anyone seeking healing, personal development or personal empowerment through yoga or meditation.
2. Are there any requirements I must meet before I get a mentor?
Nope, you don’t need to be a Yoga teacher, a Yoga Well Institute student or even have ever attended a Yoga class.
3. Is there a catch? How is this service free?
There is no fee for the Mentor Matching service! Please note, you should expect to work out a financial exchange with your mentor. The cost will depend on the rates of the Mentor, how frequently you meet and is typically between $75 -$150 per hour.Some Mentors offer a sliding scale.
4. What will a mentor do for me?
What a question! We aim to provide the answer here.
5. What is the time commitment to work with a mentor?
You should expect to meet with your mentor more often at first, perhaps every two or three weeks for several months. Over time, as your practice matures and your relationship develops, you will meet less frequently, perhaps monthly or even quarterly. We don’t recommend that you meet less frequently than once every 3 months.
6. What if I don’t feel like the mentor I’ve been introduced to is a correct fit for me?
Very good question! These are introductions, not assignments. Sometimes, for lots of different reasons, the person doesn’t feel like the right person. Not a problem at all. Simply email [email protected] and let us know that you’re not comfortable with the introduction and you’d like another introduction. This does happen occasionally, and we’re very happy to give other introductions.
7. How do I get started?
Simple, click here to schedule your consultation and within weeks you’ll be introduced to a recommended mentor via email.