ARE YOU OUR NEXT WRITER / CONTENT SPECIALIST?
The Yoga Well Institute – Remote position, part-time (15 hours/week)
Overview: Write all content for the Institute’s communications including newsletters, emails, nurture campaigns, social media posts & website content.
The Yoga Well Institute is dedicated to Yoga, meditation and holistic health through the tradition of Viniyoga. We are stewards of a safe and caring online community that supports healing, personal development and sustainable transformation through long-term studies & one-to-one mentoring. Our offerings include online classes, trainings & workshops in a broad range of practice, theory, text & lifestyle topics.
We are a tight-knit team, fully remote, part-time and spread over multiple time zones. We have a shared commitment to making the world a better place while keeping our team dynamics productive as well as full of joy and ease. We are looking for someone who is passionate about communication and experienced in personal transformation. This position will report to the business owner, but work collaboratively with the Programming Manager, Digital Marketing Specialist and Content Curator.
What You’ll Do:
- Write all content including our newsletter, marketing emails, nurture sequences, social media posts and website content (landing pages, sales pages, blog posts, etc).
- Understand and maintain the appropriate voice, tone and style for Yoga Well.
- Turn transcriptions of class lectures into social media posts and blogs.
- Ghostwrite on-brand blog posts for other members of the team.
- Create copy and assets for Podcast episodes and launch.
- Find and fine tune social media templates to promote offerings (including testimonials, podcast episodes, etc.)
- Conduct content related research, including identifying relevant topics, fact-checking, and analyzing sources.
- Create content strategies that are in line with Yoga Well’s goals, target specific audiences and look for content that is in demand. This includes conducting market research and/or employing SEO strategies.
- Maintain editorial calendars (schedule due dates and track the editorial process) that adhere to specified timeframes ensuring quotas are met.
- Coordinate with freelance writers and designers ensuring their work meets company standards and deadlines are met.
- Work cross-departmentally to produce content that aligns with program goals and marketing strategies.
Who You Are:
- An elegant writer with excellent grammar and a knack for clear, clean sentences.
- Experienced in personal transformation or spirituality and have done significant work on yourself.
- Accurate, with an eye for detail. You produce high-quality work, quickly, with clear, engaging and informative text.
- You possess a high degree of computer literacy and a familiarity with content management systems.
- Familiar with marketing which allows you to understand how to market your content, be familiar with industry trends, and use appropriate strategies to draw in consumers.
- Agile, adaptable and able to roll with change.
- Highly organized, able to manage your own workload and work independently.
- Consider integrity to be of the utmost importance, and value honesty and direct communication.
Your Experience Includes:
- 2+ years of content creation experience, especially using Canva, PhotoShop or equivalent.
- A high aptitude with Google Workspace, Content Management Systems such as AirTable, and layout/design software.
- Working cross-functionally to achieve shared goals.
Bonus If You:
- Have experience in video editing.
- Have worked in a remote environment.
- Have worked in a small business.
What You’ll Receive:
- A great team environment with a human first approach.
- A weekly pay of $360.00 USD ($24.00 USD/hour).
- 6 paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid time off per year.
- The option to join our medical insurance program after one year.
- Flexible hours and remote office location.
- Casual dress and a pet friendly environment.
- Free access to our class offerings.
- Monthly virtual social hours.
- Paid travel and accommodation for our annual retreat.
Work Location and Hours:
The Writer / Content Specialist will need to have flexibility of hours and a willingness to accommodate diverse scheduling needs across global time zones. Our most active hours online for team meetings are from 11am – 1pm EST. We are committed to the wellbeing of our team, as a result, it is important to us that our team members be able to sleep between 10pm and 4am local time to support a healthy body. If you will be working from a time zone that would require you to work between 10pm and 4am local time in order to be available during US daytime hours then our team is not a fit as it would be out of integrity with our commitment to your wellbeing.
Our Diversity Commitment:
The team at the Yoga Well Institute is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to honouring diversity on our team and within our clientele. We respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
Does this position sound right for you?
If so, then we would love to hear from you! If you are viewing this job posting anywhere other than our website, please find our site and ensure you review the full job description before applying. We ask that you please read the job description carefully and consider whether this position truly fits you.
Important note: We will only review applications sent via email to [email protected] with the exact subject of Writer / Content Specialist Role. Please include in the email:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- A response to the “Application Specific Questions” below
- Your “Blog Post Test Submission” (see instructions below)
All documents should be submitted in PDF format.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team – we look forward to connecting with you soon!
Application Specific Questions
- We expect all employees to provide their own laptop, webcam, stable internet and phone line. Is this possible for you? (Yes or No).
- What is the city and country you are currently living in? What time zone will you be working from?
- While these are not the working hours, if we were to ask you to work daily from 12pm – 3pm US Pacific Time (UTC-7), what would your local working hours be?
- Are you a US citizen? If not, you may still be hired on a contract of employment where you will be personally responsible for filing taxes in your country of residence.
- How many years of experience do you have creating content?
- Do you have a link to your portfolio or pages where you have written content before?
- What is your experience with spirituality or personal transformation?
- How would you rate your literacy and attention to detail skills?
- Please rate your experience using both Canva and AirTable.
- Why would you like to work for the Yoga Well Institute?
- Where did you find the job posting for this role?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you? (We are willing to read as much as you’d like to share!)
Blog Post Test Submission Instructions
Please watch any 8-10 minutes of this YouTube clip. Based on it, please provide a maximum of 2 paragraphs that could be used to create a blog post from. Be sure to also indicate which time frame you are basing your submission on.