ARE YOU OUR NEXT DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST?
The Yoga Well Institute – Remote position, part-time (15 hours/week)
Overview: Create & execute digital marketing strategies that increase engagement and enrolment in Institute programs and classes.
The Yoga Well Institute is dedicated to Yoga, meditation and holistic health through the tradition of Viniyoga. We are stewards of a safe and caring online community that supports healing, personal development and sustainable transformation through long-term studies & one-to-one mentoring. Our offerings include online classes, trainings & workshops in a broad range of practice, theory, text & lifestyle topics.
We are a tight-knit team, fully remote, part-time and spread over multiple time zones. We have a shared commitment to making the world a better place while keeping our team dynamics productive as well as full of joy and ease. We are looking for someone who is passionate about communicating through digital marketing as well as experienced in personal transformation. This position will report to the business owner, but work collaboratively with the Programming Manager, Content Specialist and Content Curator.
What You’ll Do:
- Create & execute overall marketing strategy.
- Create and manage the marketing budget / build out media buys for various ad platforms and carry out the day-to-day execution.
- Market all programs, classes, services & a soon-to-be-launched podcast.
- Plan & manage the creation of all Institute communications including email newsletter, social media posts, email nurture campaigns, blog posts, etc.
- Develop, execute, and optimize digital campaigns from conception to launch across multiple platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Google Ads.
- Create and execute SEO strategies for Institute webpages, blogs, etc.
- Work cross-departmentally to align marketing strategies and goals with Programs & Admissions goals.
- Provide ongoing actionable insights into campaign and content performance to relevant stakeholders including defining, measuring, and evaluating relevant KPIs (ROI, on-site conversions, cost & click performance, impressions/total reach, and website traffic, email click through rates, and bounce rates).
- Conduct in-depth keyword and website research, ad grouping and audience targeting.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies.
- Perform website updates and maintenance through WordPress.
Who You Are:
- You understand all components of Digital Marketing and are a whiz at marketing multiple programs & events concurrently.
- You have a background in personal development or spiritual work and value being part of a team making a positive impact in the world.
- You are expert at posting on and evaluating performance metrics of posts on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- You have a basic understanding of website SEO and SEO tools including Google Search Console, Yoast.
- You are skilled in using Google Analytics and have hands-on experience updating a WordPress website.
- You are agile, adaptable and roll with frequent change.
- You are highly organized and possess the ability to work independently to manage your own workload.
- You consider integrity to be of the utmost importance, and value honesty and direct communication.
- You must communicate in excellent written and spoken English.
Your Experience Includes:
- 3+ years of experience in a digital marketing environment.
- Accountability for PPC, SEO, and SEM, and core KPIs.
- Awareness of how to use and understand information from Ontraport CRM.
- Dashboard development and maintenance.
- Working cross-functionally to achieve shared goals.
Bonus If You’ve:
- Managed digital marketing activities for a company with a yogi customer base.
- Have experience working with Ontraport.
- Worked in a remote environment.
- Worked in a small business.
- Have a personal affinity to yoga or a spiritual practice.
What You’ll Receive:
- A great team environment with a human first approach.
- A weekly pay of $360.00 USD ($24.00 USD/hour).
- 6 paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid time off per year.
- Possibility of joining our medical insurance program after one year.
- Flexible hours and remote office location.
- Casual dress and a pet friendly environment.
- Free access to our class offerings.
- Monthly virtual social hours.
- Paid travel and accommodation for our annual retreat.
Work Location and Hours:
The Digital Marketing Specialist will need to have flexibility of hours and a willingness to accommodate diverse scheduling needs across global time zones. Our most active hours online for team meetings are from 11am – 1pm EST. We are committed to the wellbeing of our team, as a result, it is important to us that our team members be able to sleep between 10pm and 4am local time to support a healthy body. If you will be working from a time zone that would require you to work between 10pm and 4am local time in order to be available during US daytime hours then our team is not a fit as it would be out of integrity with our commitment to your wellbeing.
Our Diversity Commitment:
The team at the Yoga Well Institute is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to honouring diversity on our team and within our clientele. We respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
Does this position sound right for you?
If so, then we would love to hear from you! If you are viewing this job posting anywhere other than our website, please find our site and ensure you review the full job description before applying. We ask that you please read the job description carefully and consider whether this position truly fits you.
Important note: We will only review applications sent via email to [email protected] with the exact subject of Digital Marketing Specialist Role.
Please include in the email:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- A response to the “Application Specific Questions” below
All documents should be submitted in PDF format.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team – we look forward to connecting with you soon!
Application Specific Questions
- We expect all employees to provide their own laptop, webcam, stable internet and phone line. Is this possible for you? (Yes or No).
- What is the city and country you are currently living in? What time zone will you be working from?
- While these are not the working hours, if we were to ask you to work daily from 12pm – 3pm US Pacific Time (UTC-7), what would your local working hours be?
- Are you a US citizen? If not, you may still be hired on a contract of employment where you will be personally responsible for filing taxes in your country of residence.
- How many years of experience do you have in a digital marketing environment?
- How many years of experience do you have creating & executing marketing strategies?
- Please tell us about a time when you managed multiple projects at once.
- How do you handle when priorities change quickly?
- Do you have a track record of increasing engagement and sales through your marketing efforts?
- Do you have experience managing a marketing budget?
- Why would you like to work for the Yoga Well Institute?
- Where did you find the job posting for this role?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you? (We are willing to read as much as you’d like to share!)