With Amanda Green
Gentle Yoga will help you develop a strong and flexible spine, feel ease in your joints, and be steady in your balance.
This class features breath-centered movements adapted for all levels of participation.
Each class includes movements/postures (āsana), breathing exercises (prāṇāyāma), and meditation (dhyāna) woven together for an integrated experience.
We will move at a slow pace allowing for modifications and adjustments if needed.
This class moves at a moderate pace and can accommodate bodies that need special consideration or modifications, so no experience is necessary.
Yoga has put an end to a number of aches and pains.
I started working with Amanda because I was doing strength training but my joints were acting up. I stayed because it was beneficial in many ways: Yoga has put an end to a number of aches and pains, my posture has improved and breathing practice is helpful for calming my mind.
Date/Time: Tuesdays at 8:45am PT / 10:45am CT / 11:45am ET
Location: Zoom, which allows you to take classes wherever you are in the world. Classes will also be recorded and made available for replay via your Student Portal.
Please Note: Webcam is required to participate.
What You Will Learn
Be more at ease in the body.
As we learn to integrate our movement with our breathing, our Yoga practice will help us to reduce tension, aches, and pains. Amanda will offer plenty of modifications so that the practice is therapeutic for you.
Cultivate a long, smooth breath.
Prāṇāyāma (Yogic breathing practice) gives us very practical tools for helping to calm the system and focus our attention.
Develop a meditation practice.
Meditation is good hygiene and essential exercise for your mind. Learn to focus your attention, quiet racing thoughts, and connect with positive feelings.
How to Prepare for an Online Yoga Class
- You’ll need room to stand and reach your hands above your head and to stretch out on the floor with arms above your head as well as arms straight out to the side.
- Set up your laptop, tablet or another webcam-enabled device so that most of you can be seen standing, seated, or lying down. Desk-height is good for standing, the seat of a chair is good for seated/lying.
- Choose a space where you’ll be able to practice with the fewest interruptions
- Set aside or turn off your cell phone for the hour
- It may be helpful to have handy a Yoga mat, blanket, block, book, and short stool or chair
- If you’d like to have a candle or a special item to mark the beginning and end of class for yourself, you are welcome to have that nearby as well.
Amanda’s teaching style is down-to-earth, clear and practical. She candidly relates yogic concepts to life experiences. In this way, yoga practice becomes a deeply personal journey and a means to live a fulfilling and purposeful life.
Amanda is a graduate of the YATNA yoga therapy program and an IAYT-certified yoga therapist. She offers individual yoga therapy to students in Austin, TX and online. Amanda is a mentor to yoga therapy students in YogaWell and Yoga Yoga programs, and offers lectures and classes in her local and online community. When Amanda isn’t teaching, you can find her hanging out with her awesome family, gardening, painting, or singing karaoke, usually out of tune.
No need to worry with our 30 day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee.
At the Yoga Well Institute, we are committed to our students and ensuring this life-changing work is available to all. If finances are the only thing preventing you from enrolling, we invite you to complete our financial aid application and we’ll do our best to work with you.