Are You Our Yoga Program Coordinator?
Thank you for your interest in the part time Yoga Program Coordinator position at the Yoga Well Institute.
If you are viewing this job posting anywhere other than our website, please take the time to find our site and ensure you review the full job description before applying. We ask that you please read the job description carefully and consider whether this position truly fits you.
If after reading through the job description you determine that this feels like a fit for you please follow the instructions below about How to Apply. Thanks again for being interested in joining our team!
The Yoga Well Institute has developed a diverse set of activities in Yoga focused primarily on Yoga as a lifestyle and the philosophy of Yoga. Our offerings are primarily online classes but also include multiyear in-person trainings, private one-to-one sessions and weekend seminars. We are continuing an age old lineage and our students have created a rich and important community that we are committed to growing.
We are a tight knit virtual team with a shared commitment to making the world a better place while keeping our team dynamics productive, full of joy and ease. Our US based employees are offered W2 employment status. All employees qualify for 6 paid scheduled holidays and two weeks of paid vacation each year. Employees working an average of 20 hours per week or more qualify for our group health insurance plan after their 1 year employment anniversary.
You simultaneously geek out on process and organization and are enlivened by time spent connecting with other people. You really enjoy uncovering the pieces to a puzzle and then figuring out how to put it together. You value relationships and transformational spiritual work. You desire to see the world become a better place through individuals becoming more authentic versions of themselves. You are a master at Nonviolent Communication or similar empathy-connection-based approach to communication.
You have experience with project coordination and managing multiple moving parts at once. Curriculum design and classroom management are not new to you, while you may not have been 100% responsible for them, you have been exposed to the concepts. You love interacting with other humans and don’t mind having direct, or even uncomfortable conversations, if you know it will support the greater good for those involved.
Since over time this position could involve some travel around the US, applicants must reside in the US and be US Citizens.
You have a daily, spiritual practice and a commitment to helping others, consider integrity to be of the utmost importance, and value honesty and direct communication.
About the Job
The Yoga Program Coordinator will take care of the people, logistics, and regulatory requirements for concurrent multi-year trainings of Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist Training programs. These programs typically involve a blend of online classes as well as in-person 3-5 day intensives. Ongoing activities include scheduling, communication, student engagement, and providing virtual support for live trainings.
This role will involve juggling a lot of logistics and personalities with grace and generosity.
They will report to the Business Director, supporting them and the Program faculty and staff with communication, event planning, documentation, and program administration.
We are looking for someone with a grounding in spirituality, who understands intra-personal transformation work and who revels in both project planning and supporting a diverse group of humans.
Schedule, coordinate and occasionally facilitate video conferences for program leadership, students and staff. Ensure all program logistics are clearly documented and shared with appropriate parties. Maintain open communication with various departments within the Institute to ensure accurate management of programs. Elicit feedback from program participants.
Coordinate all program logistics for both online and in-person modules, including coordination with venues, faculty and students. Ensure the schedule for each module is supportive and maintained, materials printed and setup/clean up handled by volunteers.
Maintain all program agreements, student handbooks, schedules, curriculum documentation and organization as well as administrative documents. Coordinate with the certifying body to ensure the program remains in good standing.
Maintain comprehensive student files, track attendance, assignments and grading. Support students in maintaining their own documentation. Validate and process graduation applications.
We’re looking for the person whose friends, family, and colleagues come to for help with getting and staying organized. Able to follow existing structures as well as design new workflows that can easily be documented and shared with a team. Comfortable managing many moving parts at once.
Generally tech savvy and comfortable teaching others how to interact with technology. Experienced with the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Mail, Calendar, Meet), Asana, AirTable, online learning platforms, and administration of Zoom.
This is initially an hourly position, assumed to average 10-15 hours per week, paid twice a month, at $20 per hour. Over time there is a likelihood that the hours will increase and the possibility of moving to salaried with benefits.
We are a global company with key resources and in every North American time zone and an international community of students. The Yoga Therapist Training Program Coordinator will need to have flexibility of hours and a willingness to accommodate diverse scheduling needs.
Over time this position could evolve into including travel throughout the US to be the onsite coordinator for in-person events.
We expect all employees to provide their own laptop, webcam, stable internet and phone line.
The team at Yoga Well Institute is committed to honoring diversity on our team and within our clientele. We respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
How to Apply:
We will only review applications that follow these instructions exactly.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the email subject of Yoga Program Coordinator Position
- Include in the email:
- Your cover letter in the body of the email
- Attach 2 PDF or Word files:
- Your resume
- The supplemental questions below and your answers
- File names should include your first and last name
Please note we will only review applications that follow these instructions exactly.
- Full name
- City and state where you currently live
- Are you a US Citizen?
- What time zone will you be working from?
- Phone number & email address
- Do you use a Mac or a PC?
- Tell us about your experiences working on a virtual team.
- Do you have experience using AirTable? How about administering Zoom? Tell us about it. If not, what similar tools have you used and to what extent?
- When juggling multiple objectives and projects, how do you keep yourself organized and prioritize your workload?
- Tell us about a time when you changed your interpersonal style midstream because something wasn’t working.
- Which aspect of this role do you think would be most challenging for you? Why?
- Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision with information was totally inadequate.
- What is the most complex project you have been involved in and what was your role? Was it successful? How do you know?
- Describe the most complex problem that you ever had to solve.
- Tell us about a time when your listening skills helped diffuse a situation
- Please share any special training or education you’ve had that would relate to your ability to be our Yoga Program Coordinator.
- While these are not the working hours, if we were to ask you to work daily from 7am – 12pm US Pacific Time (UTC-7), what would your local working hours be?
- Tell us about yourself. What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun? We’ll read as much as you want to share.
- Are you familiar with the Yoga Well Institute? If yes, how? Why would you like to work for us?
- Where did you find the job posting for this position?